■ Application of Fall Semester, 2018
※ The Interview will be conducted in English. The phone Interview is available only if you are not in Korea.
|1. Offline Application Form
(DOWNLOAD from our website)
|with 3 photos attached(3.5x4.5cm)
/should be typed (no handwriting)
|2. Recommendation Forms
(DOWNLOAD from our website)
|from at least 2 professors or supervisors should be sealed|
(about 2 pages)
|that enunciates the reason why the applicant is interested in GSIS program, the applicant’s life experience and future career plan|
|4. Diploma or Certificate of (expected) Graduation||
※ For students who graduated from universities in China, please refer to number 10 listed below.
|5. Original Official Transcripts||of all undergraduate work (and graduate work for Ph.D. Applicant)
※ Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all institutions they attended.
※ Statement of Grading System from a school should be attached if the CGPA cannot be calculated on a 4.0/4.3/4.5 scale or in percentage.
|6. Original English Test Score||TOEFL, TOEIC, TEPS, or IELTS
※ Exempted for the native English speakers or graduates from universities in English speaking countries
|7. Color Copy of Passport||
and Alien Registration Card (if an applicant has)
|8. Original Statement of Bank Balance||at least $20,000
* If the account holder is student's parent, please submit the ´Statement of Financial Sponsorship´ with the account holder´s signature.
|9. Application Fee※||
80,000 KRW or US$80.00
|10. 學位證 寫本|
※ Application Fee Payment
- The applicant needs to transfer the fee to the below bank account. (The transaction commission fee is in your charge.) Please do not enclose cash or check in the application package since it might be lost. After you transfer the fee to the account, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application fee is not refunded in any events.
|Name of Bank : Woori Bank||Account No. : 1005-001-589268|
|Swift Code of Woori Bank : HVBKKRSE||Account Holder : Sogang University|
|Bank Address : Woori Bank Sogang University branch,
Sogang University, Baekbeom-ro(Shinsu-dong), Mapo-gu, Seoul, 04107, KOREA
Below overseas Koreans can apply through the same process as the international students.
- Those who have citizenship of foreign countries and both of whose parents have citizenship of foreign countries(non-existent parent is not considerable)
※ Required Documents: The copies of citizenship certificate or passports of both parents
- Those who studied from elementary school up to university in foreign countries.
※ Required Documents: The certificates of enrollment of all institutions
· Matriculation and Orientation: 4 pm on August 31(Fri), 2018
※ Information about VISA Issuance will be notified in July through e-mail.
· Fax. +82-2-705-8755
· Website : http://gsis.sogang.ac.kr